System : FC6 (Zod)
Broadband : BSNL 2 MBps ADSL
Connection type : pppoE
To get your broadband up and running, follow these steps -
1. Run "adsl-setup" as root via shell
2. Specify details like your ethernet interface, username, password, firewall etc.
3. Finally a summary as given below will be generated
** Summary of what you entered **
Ethernet Interface: eth0
User name: AnojSundar
DNS addresses: Supplied by ISP's server
User Control: yes
Accept these settings and adjust configuration files (y/n)? y
Adjusting /etc/ppp/chap-secrets and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
(But first backing it up to /etc/ppp/chap-secrets.bak)
(But first backing it up to /etc/ppp/pap-secrets.bak)
Congratulations, it should be all set up!
Type '/sbin/ifup ppp0' to bring up your xDSL link and '/sbin/ifdown ppp0'
to bring it down.
Type '/sbin/adsl-status /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0'
to see the link status.
3. Type "/sbin/ifdown ppp0" to get the link up
4. Type "adsl-connect /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0"
You'll find a similar message when you execute the above command.
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/4
CHAP authentication succeeded: Authentication success,Welcome!
CHAP authentication succeeded
local IP address 220.127.116.11
remote IP address 18.104.22.168
primary DNS address 22.214.171.124
secondary DNS address 126.96.36.199
Voila !!, internet works now. Enjoy surfing..