Wednesday, February 13, 2008

iminta: So what are you inta today?


So you have friends in various networks - digg, twitter, flickr etc, and you find it real hard to keep track of what they are doing. Enter Iminta, (pronounced as - I am in to), which simply aggregates all your public profiles from various networks for your friends in various groups to access and keep track.
It reminds me of the "My Web Profiles" facebook app, that keeps track of all your public profiles on the net. What Iminta does more is create customised RSS feed of your friend's statuses according to various group policies or filters. Overall a nice clear interface and useful if you really have lots of friends in all the networks iminta currently supports.
I am not sure how much I'll be using it as you'll have to invite all your friends from other networks to start using yet another service.


Anyways, I'll give it a try again, once it starts supporting facebook and mySpace friend feeds in future. That wouldn't be tough I guess. All they would need is a facebook app that connects and retrieves profile info from your account.
If anyone wants to give it a try, buzz me for an invite.


No comments: